Imam Ahmed Raza Demise
Imam Ahmed Raza’s Final Advise before his Demise; Wisaal of Imam Ahmed Raza; Mazaar Shareef
IMAM AHMED RAZA’S FINAL ADVICE BEFORE HIS DEMISE
1. Nothing with photos of living objects should be near me when my Ruh (Soul) leaves.
2. Recite Sura Yaseen and Sura Ra’ad beside me.
3. Recite Durood in abundance.
4. Keep those who are weeping away from me.
5. Give my Ghusl according to the Sunnah.
6. Either Mawlana Haamid Raza or Allamah Amjad Ali should perform my Janaza Salaah. (radi Allahu anhum)
7. Do not delay my Janazah.
8. When taking my Janazah, recite “Kaabe ke Badru Duja”.
9. Do not read anything in my praise.
10. Place me softly in the grave.
12. My grave should be dug according to my height.
13. My Kafan should be according to the Sunnah.
14. The food of my Fatiha must be given to the poor.
15. Haamid Raza must give a fair share of everything to Chothe Mia (Huzoor Mufti Azam Hind). If not, my Rooh will be displeased. (radi Allahu anhum)
16. All of you must remain steadfast on Deen. Do not leave the path of Shariah. Stay on the Deen on which I was.
WISAAL OF IMAM AHMED RAZA
The brightly shining sun of Bareilly Shareef, The Coolness of the Eyes of the Ulema, The Mujaddid of the Century, The Imam Abu Hanifa of his time, The Ghousul Azam of his time, The Sweet-scented Rose from the Fragrant Garden of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), Sayyiduna A’la Hadrat, Imam Ahmad Raza Khan (radi Allahu anhu) left this mundane world on Friday, the 25th of Safar 1340 A.H. (28 October 1921) at 2.38 p.m.. It was the exact time of the Jummah Azaan.
The date of the Wisaal of Sayyiduna A’la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) was actually deduced by himself from the Holy Quran four months and twenty days prior to his passing away: “And there shall be passed around them silver vessels and goblets.” (76:15)
At the time of the demise of Sayyiduna A’la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu), a certain Saint of Syria, dreamt of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) while he was in the Baitul Mukaddas. In his dream, the Saint saw many Sahaba-Ikraam (radi Allahu anhum ajma’in) seated around the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). All of them seemed to be waiting for someone. The Saint says that, in his dream, he asked, “Ya Rasoolallah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)! Whose presence is being awaited?” The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) replied, “Ahmed Raza Khan.” The blessed Saint then asked, “Who is Ahmed Raza Khan?” The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) answered, “An Aalim from Bareilly.”
When this Saint awoke, he immediately journeyed from Syria to Bareilly Shareef to meet A’la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu), but to his dismay, he learnt that A’la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) had already departed from this world.
It is said by those true lovers of Sayyiduna A’la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) that after he passed away he was spiritually transported to Madinatul Munawwarah to be close to the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). They say this because once, A’la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) personally said: “THE TIME OF DEMISE IS CLOSE AND INDIA IS INDIA. BUT, I DO NOT EVEN FEEL LIKE PASSING AWAY IN MAKKAH. MY DESIRE IS THIS, THAT I SHOULD PASS AWAY WITH IMAAN IN MADINATUL MUNAW’WARA AND THEN BE BURIED WITH KINDNESS IN JANNATUL BAQI. ALMIGHTY ALLAH IS MOST POWERFUL.”
The Mazaar Shareef (Blessed Tomb) of Sayyiduna A’la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu) is situated in the Mohalla Saudagran, Bareilly Shareef in India (U.P.). Each year, in the month of Safar, during the Urs Shareef of Sayyiduna A’la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu), hundreds of thousands of Muslims from all over the world present themselves in Bareilly Shareef to partake in the Urs Shareef of the Mujaddid of Islam, Sayyiduna A’la Hadrat (radi Allahu anhu).
May Almighty Allah shower his choicest blessings upon the Mazaar-e-Anwaar of this great Saint and Scholar of Islam.